Resources for help during COVID-19 Crisis
Food Pantrys/soup kitchen information
Food Pantrys/Soup Kitchen Information
- If you received meals through your school district, that service may continue. Contact your school district directly or refer to the attached list of distribution sites: http://www.ouboces.org/files/filesystem/ouboces-2020-covid19-schoolmealdistributionsites_rev3-16b-20.pdf
- If you cannot get to a food supply location, call the Orange County Crisis hotline 24-hours a day/7-days a week at 800 832 1200. If necessary, delivery can be arranged.
- For seniors: Call the Orange County Office for the Aging at: 845.615.3700. If you do not get an answer, please call the Office Director on her cell phone at: 845.344.7510.
- Many of your favorite local restaurants are offering takeout. You can support them by taking advantage of this and, if possible, consider including a gratuity for the wait-staff.
- Some grocery stores are offering senior shopping hours, delivery and other extra services. It is recommended to call your local store to confirm details as they are updated frequently.
Food Pantry/Soup Kitchen Information for Orange County New York (Updated 3/18/2020)
HONOR: 38 Seward Avenue, Middletown, NY 10940. Contact number: Call 845-343-7115. They are taking calls from 10am-11am Monday through Friday and curb site pick up from 2pm-3pm. Due to them experiencing a higher call volume they ask for callers to remain patient as all calls will be tended to and/or returned.
RECAP: Contact number: 845-421-6295 continue to support the needs of the community. Please call first.
Holy Deliverance Apostolic Temple: 37 Chambers St. Newburgh, NY 12550. Contact number: 845-224-5011 (Please call first)
Deacon Jack Seymour Food Pantry: 180 South St. Newburgh, NY 12550. Contact number: 845-566-1425 (Friday and Saturdays 9am-noon). They also have a hygiene and baby products. Additionally, they are fully stocked.
Union Presbyterian Church: 44 Balmville Road Newburgh, NY 12550. Contact number: 845-562-0914. (Church office hours are 9am-2pm Monday through Friday and Food Pantry service hours are Mondays and Wednesdays 9:30am-11:30am.)
Fed by Grace Food Pantry Grace Episcopal Church: Port Jervis, NY 12771. 845-856-3026. (Please leave a message and they will deliver food to the porch.)
Our Father’s Kitchen Pantry: 151 Stage Rd. Monroe, NY 10950. (Wednesdays 10am-11am food pantry is open. Wednesday’s 4:30pm-5:00pm take-out meals.)
Warwick Ecumenical Food Pantry: 135 Forester Ave. Warwick, NY 10990. (Mondays and Thursdays 6pm-8pm. Tuesdays 3:30pm-5:30pm)
Good Samaritan Shop: Walden NY. 845-636-6174. (Tuesdays 12pm-4pm Wednesdays, Thursdays 12pm-4pm, Fridays 1pm-3pm)
Montgomery Food Pantry: Montgomery, NY. (Tuesdays 10am-noon and Wednesdays 6:30pm-8:30pm Wallkill Reformed Church: Contact number: 845-895-2181. (Please call for more information.)
New hours of operation for seniors and store maintenance.
Beginning 3/24, Tuesday through Thursday mornings from 6-7 a.m. will be reserved exclusively for customers 60+ and individuals identified by the CDC as being at high-risk. Er won’t be checking ID’s, but request that all other customers support these vulnerable shoppers and wait until after 7 a.m. to enter the store.
Our store hours have also temporarily changed to allow for more time to clean, stock shelves and give associated additional time to rest – beginning 3/21, new store hours will be 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.